What makes us different
- Program emphasizes Core Values and Healthy Habits
- Unique – Golf is the context of what we do and players are expected to be honest and call penalties on themselves. The game can be played by anyone no matter, age, race, gender or physical/mental capacity.
- Safe, structured environment – volunteers and coaches are background checked and we have a safe, enclosed environment
- Extensive coaches training – coaches and volunteers go through a lengthy training process that can take 2-3 years
- Partnerships and collaborations with schools and other youth organizations – We partner with 22 elementary schools and 9 YMCA locations in addition to the various youth serving partners that we work with.
- Life Skills Experience – A progressive and developmentally appropriate curriculum that’s seamlessly delivered by trained coaches. The LSE was created by The First Tee and experts in fields of youth development, sport psychology, education and golf.
- Construct a brand new maintenance and restroom facility to house all course equipment and separate the storage space from the golf education area.
- Renovate the Deuble Learning Center = creates year-round and after-school programming!
- Re-purpose former maintenance space to increase golf education and add simulators to expand STEM programs
- Add approximately 800 square feet which includes a new collaborative learning space to offer tutoring, mentoring and Healthy Habits programming. A small kitchen space will be included to tie-in with the “Fore Seasons Garden” and education participants on a Seed to Table Concept.
- Create more efficiencies with heating and cooling.
- Increase the size and space of the current parking lot to accommodate the additional traffic
- Re-design the current golf course layout to add five (5) new holes and replace current putting surfaces remaining in play.
- Allows for the opportunity to double the class offerings by having sessions on the driving range and golf course at the same time.
- Increases course difficulty with adding par-4 holes to retain and attract more teens.
- Increase endowment fund to offer future college scholarships to participants and create sustainable revenue.
How you can help
- Financial Support
- Make a Pledge or Donation
- Gifts of Stock
- Planned Gifts
- In-kind or volunteer services
- Fundraising support
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Spread the word and share your passion
Thank you to all of the donors that are supporting our Beyond the Game campaign!
Bill Nolan – Chair